The Brookhaven Bucks (7-7) are halfway through the 28-game Sunbelt Baseball League regular season and in 2nd place in the Sunbelt East Division. The top three teams from each of the two Sunbelt League divisions (East and West) advance to the playoffs.
Sunbelt League East Division Standings:
- Atlanta Crackers (9-4)
- Brookhaven Bucks (7-7)
- Gwinnett Tides (7-8)
- Alpharetta Braves (4-8)
Offensive Statistical Team Leaders:
- Batting Average: Xzavion Curry (.341), Georgia Tech
- Home Runs: Austin Zeitler (1), Chattahoochee Valley, Josh Johnston (1), Truett McConnell, Xzavion Curry (1), Georgia Tech, Maysoe Wiley (1), Tallahassee CC & Christian Ketchup (1), Southern Wesleyan
- Runs Batted In: Will Hardigree (4), South Carolina Upstate, Maysoe Wiley (4), Tallahassee CC & Christian Ketchup (4), Southern Wesleyan
- Runs Scored: Daino Deas II (6), Northwest Florida State & Xzavion Curry (6), Georgia Tech
- Hits: Xzavion Curry (14), Georgia Tech
- Doubles: Billy Brand (2), Cleveland State, Connor Stutts (2), Alabama & Parker Coyne (2), South Carolina
- Triples: Zavier Lushington (3), Undecided
- Walks: Xzavion Curry (7), Georgia Tech
- Stolen Bases: Austin Zeitler (4), Chattahoochee Valley
- Hit By Pitch: Cameron Turley (2), Georgia Tech
Pitching Statistical Team Leaders:
- Wins: Jake Brace (3), Georgia Tech
- Strike Outs: Bryan White (24), Georgia State
- Earned Run Average*: Jake Brace (1.41), Georgia Tech
- Innings Pitched: Jake Brace (32), Georgia Tech
- Saves: Austin Weiermiller (4), Stanford
The Bucks start the second half of the season today, Friday, July 7th, vs. the Norcross Astros with a 7:00 p.m. game at Oglethorpe University.
For the complete Bucks schedule, please visit brookhavenbucks.com/schedule. For the latest news about the team, please like the Brookhaven Bucks at facebook.com/brookhavenbucks, follow on Twitter @BrookhavenBucks or on Instagram @Brookhaven.Bucks.
The Brookhaven Bucks are members of the Sunbelt Baseball League, one of the premier collegiate summer wooden-bat leagues in the country. The Sunbelt League, funded in part by Major League Baseball, has teams in Georgia (Alpharetta, Brookhaven, Carrollton, Norcross, Lawrenceville, Suwanee, Waleska) and Alabama (Phenix City). The Sunbelt League regular season ends July 23rd, with playoffs running from July 24th through August 1st. For information about the Sunbelt League, please visit www.sunbeltleague.com.
*Earned Run Average – to qualify, pitcher must have pitched at least 11 innings through the Bucks first 14 games. Tyler Elwer (Georgia State), Austin Weiermiller (Stanford), Parker Coyne (South Carolina), Luke Johnson (Butler), Ed Voyles (Florida State), Will Hardigree (South Carolina Upstate) and Dylan Biumi (Western Carolina) have a lower ERA, but each has pitched less than 11.2 innings.